K1 Bride Visa Information – Bride Visa Advocate

“Bride/Groom Visa” is a visa that allows the bride or groom of an American citizen to come to the United States for 90 days to marry a U.S. citizen and immigrate to the United States. If the marriage is consummated within those 90 days, then the foreign national is eligible to remain in the U.S. and apply for a Green Card.

Bride/Groom Visa Requirements

To petition for a K1 visa for a foreign bride or groom, you must meet the following requirements:

  1. You have U.S. citizenship

o Currently, the K1 visa is only available to U.S. citizens. If you are a Green Card holder, you can apply for a marriage visa (CR1 spousal visa) as an alternative.

  1. You have met in person

o You must have met your fiancée or fiancé in person within the past two years. Video or regular telephone contact does not meet this requirement. You must have photographs of you together to prove this meeting. In most cases you will need to travel abroad, as it is very difficult for a foreign national to obtain a B2 tourist visa.

  1. Both of you are free to marry

o Being free to marry means that you have either never been in a tank or are divorced or widowed. If a divorce is pending, you cannot apply for a K1 fiancée visa until the divorce is finalized.

  1. You can provide for your fiancée/fiancé in the United States

o Your income must meet federal requirements to show that you can financially support an immigrant. Many U.S. embassies allow you to use a cosponsor and/or other assets to meet the requirements.

  1. You do not have a serious criminal history or criminal record

o When applying for a fiancée visa, your criminal history or convictions will also be considered. If you have committed serious crimes or more than three drug or alcohol offenses, you will need a waver . An experienced attorney for a fiancée visa can help with this issue.


The K1 visa process

Once you hire our attorney Deron Smolkoff for your bride visa, you will have a paralegal who specializes in your bride/groom’s country working with you and in many cases this paralegal speaks the same language as your bride/groom.

We will give you and your bride/groom access to our confidential website where you will find a list of information and documents needed for the petition.

Once we have gathered the necessary information for your fiancée’s visa petition, the paralegal fills out all the forms and sends them to an attorney for review.

We will then send you the forms to sign. You will sign them and send them to our office along with the $535 state petition fee to the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.

After we receive the signed forms from you, we put together a K1 visa petition with accompanying documents. We then submit your K1 visa petition to USCIS.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.