Two ways to apply for a partner visa to Australia

1st way:
First, you need to apply for a fiancée or groom visa (300 – subclass). This visa is issued for 9 months and is calculated in order that the partner from Russia (or other country) could come to Australia and get married. In case it is not possible to do it during the specified period for some reasons, it is necessary to leave the country.

Once you have registered your union, you need to apply for a marriage visa (820 – subclass). This is a temporary visa that will be valid until you get your permanent partner visa, subclass 801. It is granted as long as you are still in Australia and are married (not divorced before you apply). In this case, once you receive your subclass 801 visa, you will be considered a resident of Australia.

2nd way:

If you and your Australian partner:
– Are already legally married;
– or you are about to get married without waiting for the INS to decide on a visa for you;
– or you have been married for more than one year and there is direct evidence of this, you can apply for a temporary visa subclass 309, which will be issued for two years, so that you can then apply for the necessary documents for a permanent visa.

After two years of residency on a subclass 309 visa, you may apply for a permanent subclass 100 visa (as long as you are still married to your partner).

For whom is the partner visa suitable?

Almost everyone can apply for this visa. However, there are several factors to consider:

– You must be 18 years of age or older;
– You can be married to both opposite-sex and same-sex partners;
– Both partners must either have lived for at least a year in a civil marriage (and then follow the procedure for filing on the second way), or concluded the marriage already in Australia (after obtaining the visa).

What is required when applying for a partner visa?

– You should be personally acquainted with your Australian partner. I.e. before registration of all documents you should meet it at least 1 time. Communication on the Internet or by phone will not confirm that you have met. However, additional printed correspondence, photographs and references to the fact that you have communicated for a long time will not be superfluous when submitting a package of documents.

– A partner living in Australia will need to take on full sponsorship of your trip for the duration of your stay. This means making a written commitment that he will provide you with money for lodging, food, transportation, and other necessary expenses for the entire required period. What documents you will need to provide, we will tell you a little later.

– If you’re travelling with someone else, your partner in Australia will need to undertake to sponsor each additional person applying with you.

– If you are travelling with a minor child (dependent on you), your partner in Australia also needs to cover all their expenses, as well as provide a separate package of documents to ensure the child’s comfortable stay in a foreign country.

What documents do I need to collect in order to apply for a visa?

This primarily depends on which way (for which subclasses) you are going to apply.

Let’s take a look at the list of necessary documents to apply for the 300 subclass.
– The first thing to do is to fill out the forms correctly and truthfully:
– Form 47SP (to be filled out by the applicant);
– Form 40SP (to be completed by the Australian sponsor);

– passport of the groom / bride (certified by a notary’s copy);

– Australian partner’s passport or proof of residency status (certified copies);

– sponsorship documents on the part of the groom / bride in Australia, including:
1. a letter from his/her place of employment confirming his/her regular income for the last two years. The document must be on letterhead paper with employer’s signature and stamp, and should include the following information: the amount of salary, length of service, position;
2. a bank account or payment documents showing movements on the account (from the sponsor).
These documents will ensure that the partner has sufficient money and regular income to pay for their partner’s stay in Australia.
– If the partner has dependent children who are planning a trip to Australia, they also need to be included in the application and provide a separate package of documents for each of them, including:
1. A completed Form 47a or Form 80 (depending on how old the child is).
2. Documentary proof of the child’s dependency (his or her metric, certified by a notary and a copy of his or her passport (if available)).
3. Form 1229, in case the other parent is not included in the general application.
4. A passport-size photograph of 45mm X 35mm taken within the last 6 months.

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.